Fix Random Black Box Popping Up And Disappearing In Windows
Some of our clients are having issues with a random or intermittent black box popping up while they are working (starting around June 2017). This is an issue with Microsoft Office and can be resolved by doing the following.
- Click Start
- Start typing task scheduler
- Drill down to Task Scheduler Library – Microsoft – Office
- If available, right click on OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration and click Disable
- If available, right click on OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerLogon and click Disable
- Close out of Task Scheduler
If neither of those options are available you likely have a different issue.